Design thinking is the topic of the next Evidence Based Library and Information Practice Reading Group meeting on Twitter. Kristy Newton, facilitator of this meeting, forwarded the following details.
Thursday, 26 May 4pm AEST (Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne). Use hashtag #EBLIPRG
Howard, Zaana & Davis, Kate (2011) From solving puzzles to designing solutions : integrating design thinking into evidence based practice. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 6(4), pp. 15-21.
1. How does integrating design thinking with EBLIP have the potential to help libraries solve ‘wicked problems”?
2. What are some of the ‘wicked problems’ that you have experienced professionally that would benefit from this approach?
3. Have you used design thinking, and if so, how successful was it in a library context?
4. Do the two methods complement each other, or are literature-focused and human-focused approaches at odds with each other?
5. In the final paragraph, the authors invite organisations to test their hybrid model in practice. How do you see it working in your particular professional context?
Everyone is welcome to join @ and #EBLIPRG